Produced by the Faculty of Sciences at the University of Adelaide, e-Science is a free magazine that offers interactive feature articles written by our researchers and complemented by resources specifically designed for teachers.
- Feature articles written by key researchers linked to the 10 Big Questions in science
- Interactive elements in each article which bring the science to life
- Resources available "at your finger tips", ready for use in the classroom
Available for free download through iTunes (iPad format) and on the web.
- Download e-Science magazine (free)
- How birds out-evolved their dinosaur ancestors;
- The research creating perkier pigs;
- The science behind outsmarting the smartest viruses in the world; and
- The plight of the nautilus; Australia's living fossil.
Plus the latest breakthroughs, classroom resources, and useful apps and websites. Download it now!
- How quantum physics is helping to understand radiation
- Why unmanned aircraft are so useful for conservation
- The routine test designed to catch stomach cancer early
- How luminescence is uncovering secrets about the ancient and modern world
- The research helping to manage the spread of invasive species
- Why a naturally occurring bacteria is very useful to plant breeders
- How much your body relies on dietary metal
- How electromagnetic cameras "see" under the Earth's surface
- How cell movement can influence disease
- The local nature of global climate change
- How Earth loses its stores of heat
- Why nitrogen is an essential element for feeding the world
- How scientists are developing the most precise clocks on Earth
- Why we’re breeding better almonds
- What mobile DNA can tell us about the relationships between species
- How genetics is perfecting the humble steak
- How astronomers are using gamma-rays to delve deep into our universe
- What marine parasites reveal about their hosts
- The history of X-ray crystallography and its impact on the medicines of today
- How the humble zebrafish is aiding in the fight against Alzheimer's disease
- How the earth is eating the oceans
- Why superbugs are more than just a human health concern
- Semiconductors and the future of fuel
- How native bees can safeguard our crops
- How fossils reveal the hot and wet world of the Eocene
- The possibilities of plastic solar cells
- How evolution is helping to make better wine
- The effects of deforestation on genetic diversity of forest species
- The fight against a global health threat
- Discovery of the Higgs boson
- What DNA can tell us about the past
- How our love of chocolate can help developing communities
- How soil science is used to solve criminal investigations
- How we can feed the world sustainably
- Why junk food is so hard to resist
- How hot rocks in the earth can provide energy
- There are amazing research stories from areas of physics, marine biology, chemistry and medical science.
- They go beyond explaining a scientific area or phenomenon; they talk about real research and its application in the real world.
If you would like to provide feedback or having issues viewing e-Science Magazine, please contact us.
Phone: +61 8 8313 5673 or fill out the feedback form below:
Adelaide University chose to publish their e-Science Magazine onto the iPad using the Oomph Digital Publishing Platform.
More interactivity, more creativity, more productivity and more Oomph! Oomph - Simply Smart Tablet Publishing.
For More information about Oomph visit OomphHQ.com or call 02 9191 9327.